Friday, August 23rd- The University of Montana Western football team will hold its final fall camp scrimmage, starting at 6 p.m. on Vigilante Field. Members of the public are invited to attend. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, August 28th
- Montana Shakespeare in the Park stage “The Merry Wives of Winsor”, Starting at 6 p.m. on the Legacy Plaza of the University of Montana Western campus (if bad weather interferes, the event will move inside the nearby Keltz Arena). For more information, go to www.shakespearintheparks.org.
- The 2019 Beaverhead County Fair presents five days of fun and competition, with livestock shows, carnival rides, vendors, exhibits, rodeo events, karaoke, games, special events and plenty more. For more information, go to http://www.facebook.com/BeaverheadCountyFair or pick up a Fair Book at numerous locations around Dillon.
Sunday, September 1st- Country singers Dustin Lynch will headline The Labor Day concert at the Beaverhead County Fairgrounds sponsored by the Dillon Jaycees, with opening act Smithfield getting things going at 7:30 p.m. For more information, call 406-683-5771 or go to www.dillonjaycees.com/concert.
Monday, September 2nd– The Labor Day Parade travels through town with floats, horses, fire truck, vintage cars and more, starting at 10 a.m. For more information, call 406-683-5771.
Friday August 30th
- The Labor Day Weekend Bazaar will fill Depot Park in downtown Dillon with vendors selling food, crafts, clothes, art and more, Aug 30th-Sept 1st. To inquire about vendor space availability, call Stacey at Dillon City Hall 406-683-4245
- The Jaycee Livestock Judging Clinic will offer coaching to youth and adults interested in learning mire about livestock judging on Aug 30th, starting around 4 p.m. A Livestock Sale Buyers BBQ will take place at noon on Aug 31st, with the Market Livestock Sale set to start later that afternoon at 2:30 p.m. For more information, call 406-683-3485.
Saturday, August 31st – The Montana Lamb Jam and 150th Sheep Celebration will happen, at 225 E Reeder, from noon to 4 p.m. For more information, call 406-442-1330 or go to www.mtsheep.org/montanalambjam.com
Saturday’s through the Summer-
- The Dillon Farmers Market will offer the “homegrown and homemade” in the form of fruit, vegetables, flowers, baked goods and craft from area vendors in the parking lot across from Wells Fargo, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. To learn more, contact Catherine Cain at 406-498-6198 or email@example.com.
Pioneer Federal Savings and Loan’s Annual Community Shred is back! Friday, September 20th from 10 AM to 1 PM. Help prevent identity theft, bring in your outdated and unneeded personal records to have them professionally shredded. Join Pioneer Federal and our staff for beverages and cookies and watch Iron Mountain shred your documents, restrictions apply.
August 26th – Freshman Orientation at PCHS for freshmen, new students and their parents. BBQ starts at 5:30 and then orientation will be held in the gym. Meet with teachers and visit classrooms following the meeting.
August 27th – Chamber after Hours at Clearwater Montana Properties at 5:30 p.m. at 520 Main Street, Deer Lodge
August 28th – 1st day of school. Drive safely and watch for students.
September 20th – Rocktoberfest – Powell County Medical Foundation’s 11th Annual Rocktoberfest at the Pen Convention Center. Call Kyla Johnson to reserve your ticket today 846-723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 9th – ABBACADABRA – The Ultimate ABBA Tribute at 7 p.m. at the Rialto Theater in Deer Lodge.
October 18th-20th – Western Harvest Weekend – at Tri-County Fairgrounds. A festival that will host vendors, educational activities, judging of home cooked goods and provide historical background into Southwestern Montana and the pioneers that developed this great state.
October 19th – Vintage Show & Artisan Market – at Tri-County Fairgrounds from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Applications for vendors are available now! Contact Melissa at email@example.com with any questions.
SCHOOL LUNCH MENU
Wednesday, August 28th
Breakfast: homemade cinnamon rolls
Lunch: Oven baked chicken drumstick
Thursday, August 29th
Lunch: beef & cheese quesadilla
Friday, August 30th
Breakfast: yogurt & granola
Lunch: turkey & cheese deli sandwich
SENIOR CITIZENS MENU
Please arrange for deliver by 10 a.m.
Menu subject to change – 846-3939
Monday, August 26th – BLT salad
Tuesday, August 27th – Oven Fried Chicken
Wednesday, August 28th – Spaghetti
Thursday, August 29th – Chicken tender melt
Thursday Night Dinner – BBQ beef sandwich
Friday, August 30th – In house: Menu | Delivery: Cook’s choice
Monday, August 19th – Homemade corn dogs between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Tuesday, August 20th – Shepherd’s pie
Wednesday, August 21st– Chicken enchilada
Thursday, August 22nd – Patty melt
Thursday Night Dinner – Cobb salad or chicken strip dinner
Friday, August 23rd – In house: Menu | Delivery: Cook’s choice
RIALTO THEATER UPCOMING EVENTS
Friday – Saturday – Sunday
August 23rd, 24th & 25th
“Fast & Furious – Hobbs & Shaw”
PG-13 | 136 min.
NO MOVIE AUGUST 30TH – SEPT. 1ST – LABOR DAY WEEKEND
Other Events at the Rialto
“Live at the Rialto Concert Series” for the 2019-2020 season are now on sale. FIVE great shows. Purchase tickets online at Deer Lodge Rialto or mail to PO Box 874, Deer Lodge, MT 59722.
First concert October 9th – “ABBACADABRA – The Ultimate ABBA Tribute”