Thursday, January 23rd– The Drum Brothers will play a 7 p.m. concert, in Beier Auditorium on the University of Montana Western campus. For more information about tickets to the concert, contact event sponsor the Southwest Montana Arts Council at 406-683-6208 or SMACarts@gmail.com.
Tuesday, January 28th– Beaverhead County 4-H will hold a 2-5 p.m. blood drive, in the 4-H building on the Beaverhead County Fairgrounds. For more information, call 406-683-3785.
Friday, January 31st-
- The Winter Film Festival will happen, starting at 7 p.m. in the STC Building on the campus of the University of Montana Western.
- The City of Dillon owners of dogs and/or chickens to annually license their animals, with renewals due by Jan. 31. For license fees or other additional information, call 406-683-4245.
- UW apps due by Jan. 31. The United Way of Beaverhead County will accept applications for allocations. For more information, call Bob Pfister at 406-683-4269, stop by his office at 18 N. Montana St or go online to www.beaverheadunitedway.org and click on the Allocations tab at the top of the homepage.
- Breakfast at the Tendoy will gather painters, poets, musicians and any other interested creative folks for good food, coffee and tea, plus stimulating conversation and creative activities starting at 7:30 a.m. Everyone is invited to attend. For more information, call 406-925-9434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, February 1st–
- The third installment of the Dillon Farmers Winter Market will convene, in the 4-H building at the Beaverhead County Fairgrounds, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., when a wide array of food and craft items will be available from local growers and crafters. The Winter Market will happen for a final time on April 4th. For more information, call Katie Bump at 406-683-6735.
- The Beaverhead Future Farmers of America (FFA) Alumni & Friends Dinner and Auction will happen, at the National Guard Armory. For more information, call 406-683-4401 or 406-925-0006.
Monday, February 3rd– Auditions for the Dillon production of Missoula Children’s Theater performance of “The Snow Queen” will be held at the BCHS Auditorium. Children in grades K-12 are encouraged to audition and participate in the play that will be staged for the public on Feb. 8th. For more information contact the Southwest Montana Arts Council at 406-683-6208 or SMACarts@gmail.com
Tuesday, February 18th– A conversation about Livestock Guard Dogs hosted by People and Carnivores and Blackleaf Guardians will happen 6-7:30 p.m. at the Elks Lodge. The meeting is free and open to the public. For more information, call Kim Johnston at 406-599-9424 or email her at email@example.com
Dillon’s Community Links
The Dillonite Daily– www.dillonite.com
Dillon, MT 683 Events Calendar: https://www.683events.com/
Southwestern Montana Family YMCA:
January 2020 YMCA Programs: http://swmtf-ymca.org/images/Janprograms.pdf
YMCA Swim Lessons– 2019/2020 YMCA: http://swmtf-ymca.org/images/swimlesson2019.pdf
Dillon Public Schools Links:
Full January Lunch Menu: https://www.dillonschools.org/
Beaverhead County High School Events: https://www.bchsmt.com/events
University of Montana Western Event Links:
The University of Montana Western Events: https://w.umwestern.edu/events-all/
UMW Bulldogs All Sports Calendar: https://umwbulldogs.com/
January 25 – Deer Lodge Elks Bingo nigh. Doors open 6 p.m. Bingo starts at 7 p.m.
January 28 – Chamber after hours at Browsing Bison Books – 515 Main Street, Deer Lodge at 5:30. Learn what is happening in Powell County businesses. Everyone is welcome to attend!
February 1st – 1st Annual Chocolate Festival at Deer Lodge Elks 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Chocolate baking contest with public tasting! Jazz music will be provided – band to be named later. Silent auction. for rules and guidelines info please contact Cindy Noland at 846-2242.
SCHOOL LUNCH MENU
Monday, January 27th
Breakfast: sausage scramble eggs & toast
Lunch: meatball sub
Tuesday, January 28th
Breakfast: pancake stick
Lunch: orange chicken & fried rice
Wednesday, January 29th
Breakfast: assorted muffins bars, donuts
Lunch: pizza choices; chicken alfredo or BBQ chicken
Thursday, January 30th
Breakfast: french toast
Lunch: polish sausage
Friday, January 31st
Breakfast: yogurt parfait or cereal
Lunch: chili & old fashioned cinnamon rolls
Monday, January 20th
Tuesday, January 21st
Breakfast: breakfast sandwich
Lunch: Chicken soup & toasted cheese sandwich
Wednesday, January 22nd
Breakfast: assorted muffins, bars, donuts
Thursday, January 23rd
Lunch: salisbury steak
Friday, January 24th
Breakfast: yogurt parfait or cereal
Lunch: taco lasagna
SENIOR CITIZENS MENU
Please arrange for delivery by 10 a.m.
Menu subject to change – 846-3939
Monday, January 27th – Soup and sandwich
Tuesday, January 28th – Liver & onions or choice of chicken cordon blue
Wednesday, January 29th – Tacos
Thursday, January 30th – Philly cheese steak
Thursday Night Dinner – Beef tips & noodles
Friday, January 31st – In house: Menu | Delivery: Cook’s choice
Monday, January 20th – Soup and sandwich
Tuesday, January 21st – Strawberry waffles, scrambled eggs & bacon
Wednesday, January 22nd – Baked cod
Thursday, January 23rd – Patty melt
Thursday Night Dinner – Oven fried chicken
Friday, January 24th – In house: Menu | Delivery: Cook’s choice
RIALTO THEATER UPCOMING EVENTS
Friday – Saturday – Sunday
January 24th, 25th & 26th
PG-13 | 130 min.
Other Events at the Rialto
FEBRUARY 13th – Shayne Smith, comedian – 7 p.m.
“Live at the Rialto Concert Series” for the 2019-2020 season are now on sale. FIVE great shows. Purchase tickets online at Deer Lodge Rialto or mail to PO Box 874, Deer Lodge, MT 59722.