Dillon’s Upcoming Community Events
Friday, December 3rd-
- Movie Night in the Pool– The YMCA will be hosting a movie night in the pool where they will project a Christmas movie on the wall for all to watch while floating around the pool. If you can please bring your own tube as provided tubes will be limited. Admission will cost $5.00 for children and $8.00 for adults. Children under the age of 8 may not be dropped off and must not be left unaccompanied by adult, children 8 and up who are able to swim may be dropped off. Water and popcorn will be provided. Must sign up to attend by December 1st as space is limited.
- Festival of Trees Family Night- Friday night is the Festival of Tree’s Family Night at the Frontier Events Center, 102 E. Helena St. in downtown Dillon, featuring performances by Shine Studio, kids activities, and a 7:00 PM appearance by Santa.
- Christmas Parade & Stroll-. The Parade of Lights and Christmas Stroll will happen in downtown Dillon on Friday, December 3, when Santa will light the Christmas Tree in front of the Beaverhead County Courthouse at 6:00 PM. A lighted parade contest will follow during the stroll, during which many downtown shops will remain open for the evening, and carolers and other merrymakers will roam the streets to spread the holiday spirit. For more information, call the Beaverhead Chamber of Commerce at (406)-685-5511 or email email@example.com.
Saturday, December 4th-
- Festival of Trees Gala, Live & Silent Auction- Doors will open at 5:00 PM at the Frontier Events Center, 102 E. Helena St, in downtown Dillon on Saturday December 4, for the Gala, with a silent auction that closes at 7:00 PM. followed by a 7:30 PM live auction, dinner and the chance to view all the decorated trees. For more information, go to the event’s Facebook page. This years event will benefit the Beaverhead Little League & Grasshopper Volunteer Fire Department.
- Craft Show– A Winter Craft Bazaar will happen from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturday, December 4th, at the Elks Lodge, 22. E. Center St. in downtown Dillon. Vendor space is available. For more information, call (406)-683-5552.
- Ugly Sweater Party– An Ugly Sweater Party will visually appall one and all on Saturday, December 4th, starting at 5:00 PM, at Beaverhead Brewing Co., 218 S. Montana in downtown Dillon, where Dan Henry will provide the live music. For more information, call (406)-988-0011.
Tuesday, December 7th-
- Blood Drive- A Holiday Blood Drive will take donations on Tuesday, December 7th, in the Elks Lodge, 27 E. Center St. in downtown Dillon, from 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM. To make an appointment to donate or get more information, call (406)-683-3696 or 877-258-4825 or go to www.donors.vitalant.org
- Artists Reception– A 4-6 PM reception for the Grace & CharRae Senior Art Show will happen Tuesday, December 7th, in the Lucy Carson Library on the University of Montana Western campus in Dillon. For more information, call (406)-683-7542.
Beaverhead County Community Fundraisers & Charitable Drives
BEAVERHEAD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY TOWN PUMP CASH MATCH: To benefit the Beaverhead Community Food Pantry, the Town Pump Cash Match has begun again. All cash donations received between September 1st, 2021, through November 30, 2021, Town Pump will match dollar for dollar, UP TO $15,000.00! This match program that Town Pump offers is always one of the food pantry’s largest donations which helps them purchase groceries and pay operational expenses. The Food pantry is a 501c3 Non-Profit Organization that runs entirely on volunteers. To help them reach their goal, you can send your donations to THE BEAVERHEAD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY AT P.O. BOX 1356, DILLON, MT 59725
WARM CLOTHING CAMPAIGN: The 23rd Annual Coats for Kids and Families Campaign to help keep community members Warm and Healthy is under way! The Campaign collects winter clothing in giving boxes located in Dillon at the Bank of Commerce, Stockman Bank, High Peaks Federal Credit Union, Pioneer Federal Savings & Loan, Beaverhead Brewing Co., Barrett Hospital & Healthcare, Parisian Cleaners and Campaign Organizer, and KDBM-KBEV. For more information, call (406)-683-2800.
Dillon’s Community Links & Resources
The Dillonite Daily– www.dillonite.com
Dillon, MT 683 Events Calendar– https://www.683events.com/
The Dillon Jaycees– https://www.dillonjaycees.com
Engine 18– https://www.engine18.org
Dillon City Bus: http://www.dillonmt.org/Bus.aspx (406)-660-4247
Hours: New hours until further notice Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri. 1pm to 4pm. ESSENTIAL rides only (Pharmacy, Food, Dr. ETC) NO bus on Wednesdays.
Dillon Public Schools
Beaverhead County High School Events- https://www.bchsmt.com/events
Dillon School District #10- https://dillonschools.org
Hot Lunch Menu- December’s Hot Lunch Menu
University of Montana Western Event
The University of Montana Western Events- https://w.umwestern.edu/events-all/
UMW Bulldogs All Sports Calendar- https://umwbulldogs.com
Dec. 3rd – Santa Claus during the Christmas Stroll at the Mount Powell Tap Room from 4-7 p.m.
Dec. 3rd – Deer Lodge Christmas Stroll from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Main Street and surrounding businesses. Check Powell County Chamber of Commerce’s Facebook page for details.
Dec. 8th – Big Sky Passenger Rail Authority board meeting 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. See adenda and information for joining the meeting at Big Sky Passenger Rail
SENIOR CITIZENS MENU
Please arrange for delivery by 10 a.m.
Menu subject to change – 846-3939
Monday, Nov 22nd – Hamburger stroganoff
Tuesday, Nov 23rd – Meatloaf
Wednesday, Nov 24th – Holiday sandwich
Thursday, Nov 25th – CLOSED, HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Friday, Nov 26th – CLOSED
Monday, Nov 15th – Pancakes & sausage
Tuesday, Nov 16th – Soup & sandwich
Wednesday, Nov 17th – French dips
Thursday, Nov 18th – Spaghetti
Friday, Nov 19th – Tacos
**Freezer Meals Available**
RIALTO THEATER UPCOMING EVENTS
December 3rd and December 4th – FREE movie in conjunction with Christmas Stroll
“Frozen 2” – FRIDAY AT 7:30 P.M. ~ SATURDAY AT 4 P.M.
sponsored by the Rialto Theatre and Deer Lodge School District #1
December 10th, 11th & 12th
PG-13 | 2 hr. 37 min.
Thank you for your support!
Other Events at the Rialto
FRESH Rialto popcorn with real butter
ON SALE at the front doors
Wednesday evenings from 6:00 to 8 p.m.
Large size only